Call Us Today: 0208 001 7909

Available 24/7 to serve you Nationwide

Home » Services » Stamp Duty Rebate Support

Stamp Duty Rebate Support

Have you purchased a home in the last 4 years that you feel is “uninhabitable”? Does it require works?

You may be entitled to claim back your stamp duty.

What is a Stamp Duty Rebate?

When you buy a home, you need to pay stamp duty to the government. Stamp duty rates vary from 5% – 12%. 


Should your property not meet SDLT standards, you may be entitled to claim your money back. 


Our tax service Kingston-upon-Thames team works with a partner, Stamp Duty Claims, who can assist. They have claimed over £11.6m in SDLT rebates from HMRC successfully.

Why claim through Prinsegate?

Prinsegate will handle your claim personally with the up-most care and communicate with Stamp Duty Claims on your behalf. It could not be more stress-free! 

What do we need to know?

  • Full name
  • Contact number
  • Email address
  • Property purchase date
  • Purchase price
  • Buy-to-let / second home / own home
  • Was the property in poor condition? What was wrong? Add photos if you wish

About our partner and what do they cover?

Our associate specialises in helping clients get their money back on properties that are considered ‘uninhabitable’ by SDLT standards. Examples of this include:

  • Areas of Damp

  • You suspect Asbestos

  • Mould growing in rooms

  • Infestations (Pests)

  • Faults with electrics, heating or water

  • Missing Utilities

  • Poor Finishes to Flooring

No Win. No Fee. Simple

How does it work?

Your claim is assessed

Once you have sent us the information we require, we will discuss your situation with Stamp Duty Claims. Stamp Duty Claims have an expert team consisting of: 

  • Consultants 
  • Accountants
  • Tax Consultants
  • Legal Advisors 
  • Chartered Surveyors 

Your stamp duty claim, if successful, usually requires 4-6 weeks from enquiry to payout.

Do you qualify?

There are roughly 49 different kinds of SDLT (Stamp Duty Land Tax) relief available, which is why you may want expert assistance. You may be eligible if you:


• are not a first-time buyer
• are not claiming for a commercial property
• purchased your property within the last 4 years
• own a property that is classed as ‘uninhabitable’


So, if you are not a first-time buyer, have bought more than one property, and have paid Stamp Duty tax, despite the residential dwelling being classed as ‘uninhabitable’, check your eligibility by contacting us today.

Stamp Duty Explained

Why do we pay Stamp Duty?

Stamp Duty Land Tax is a tax you are expected to pay if you buy land or property over a certain price threshold. Some buyers benefit from additional relief, such as first-time buyers. Second homeowners will be charged more.


Note that, if you purchased your additional property during the SDLT holiday, when rates were lower, the net refund amount would be smaller.


The extra tax also covers leasehold and freehold properties, regardless of where you buy outright or with a mortgage. Rates fluctuate depending on the price of the property and where you fall within the tax bands, which will determine the percentage payable. Learn more about stamp duty on the UK Government website.

Our Professional Standards

Our surveying practice is widely recognised for its professionalism and we are proud members of the following regulatory bodies:

Get in Touch

Get in Touch with our tax service Kingston-upon-Thames team to see how we can help you secure a partial or full refund on any stamp duty paid.

Disclaimer: Prinsegate Finance Limited (Prinsegate) has an association with Stamp Duty Claims Ltd (Stamp Duty Claims), who deliver financial services. Prinsegate may receive commission payments and/or referral fees from Stamp Duty Claims and shall retain these payments in full, but all liability remains with Stamp Duty Claims if you choose to engage in their financial services. If you proceed with instructing Stamp Duty Claims (via Prinsegate), you hereby acknowledge and accept this commission/referral arrangement. If you would like further information, please contact us at