Block Management - Annual General Meetings
Ensure your annual general meetings are managed correctly through our block management annual general meeting management service.
What is an annual general meeting?
An AGM is simply a General Meeting of members that is held annually. Ordinarily, it is between the building owners and stakeholders such as tenants or shareholders of the building.
Meetings must be given 14 clear days’ notice or a longer period before a meeting can take place. It should also be advertised widely so all parties are aware of the upcoming meeting.
What is the purpose of annual general meetings?
The purpose of annual general meetings can vary depending on the type and size of the building. Common discussion points include:
- Reviewing the property’s 12-month financial performance
- The AGM is an opportunity for owners to review financial statements and discuss any issues related to the past year.
- Electing or re-electing members of the management committee:
- Property owners may vote on the election or re-election of members of the management committee responsible for the property.
- Approving budgets and service charges:
- Property owners may vote on the approval of the annual budget for the property and setting service charges
- Discussing and voting on important issues related to the property:
- Property owners may discuss and vote on important management or maintenance issues, such as repairs or renovations that are needed.
- Providing a forum for property owners to raise concerns:
- The AGM provides an opportunity for concerns or questions about the management and maintenance of the property to be raised by both shareowners and occupiers.
How we can help before the AGM?
There are several ways in which we can help property owners and management committees prepare for AGM meetings. Some of the ways we can help include:
- Preparing and providing financial reports
- Providing maintenance reports
- Assisting with budget preparation
- Facilitating communication, ensuring everyone is aware of the upcoming meeting
- Providing guidance and support for complex issues
How we can help during the AGM?
There are several ways in which we can help property owners and management committees during AGM meetings. Some of the ways we can help include:
- Providing a meeting venue
- Managing the meeting agenda
- Facilitating voting
- Recording minutes of the annual general meeting
- Answering questions related to the building
How we can help after the AGM?
There are several ways in which we can help property owners and management committees after the completion of an AGM meeting. Some of the ways we can help include:
- Implementing decisions that are made in the meeting
- Providing updates on the progress of the actions that were decided on
- Managing finances
- Coordinating maintenance
- Facilitating communication such as sending round the minutes of the meeting to all attendees
Why Choose Our Block Management AGM meeting Service?
Prinsegate has many years of experience in block management, Over this time we have managed many buildings effectively, saving the building owners time and money.
When using our annual general meeting service you can expect a transparent, cost-effect and convenient AGM management service for your property.
We provide a service that is:
- Widely Recognised
- High Levels of Professionalism
- Reliable & Communicative
- Extremely Knowledgeable
- Members of Several Awarding Bodies
- Happy Clients & Positive Reviews
- Located Near You in London, Kingston & Surrey
Get in Touch
Struggling to ensure your annual general meetings are managed correctly? Give us a call for a FREE Block Management annual general meeting management quote.