We not only prepare and issue a Schedule of Dilapidations, but we also can give professional advice on any building work for repairs, reconstruction, alteration, extension, or even complete redevelopment.
What Are Dilapidations?
When a landlord leases a commercial or residential property to a tenant, the tenant is expected at the end of the lease to return the property to the landlord in the same condition as at the start of the lease.
Any defects and disrepairs unresolved at the end of a tenancy are known as “dilapidations”: a complex area of law that can be costly to one or both sides when expert advice is not sought.
We’re here to help both landlords and tenants navigate through an often complex legal process.
Protecting Your Investment
- Bringing the property back to its original state.
- Establishing the true cost of covering all required repairs.
- Understanding your rights and obligations when serving a Schedule of Dilapidations Notice.
Dilapidations Services for Landlords Include:
- Reviewing legal documents such as leases, licences, agreements, and repairing covenants to clarify responsibilities for repair.
- Inspecting properties and identify any disrepair.
- Correctly preparing the Schedule of Dilapidations before end of lease term.
- Pricing the Schedule of Dilapidations to reflect the particular circumstances of the premises.
- Preparing diminution valuation reports where litigation is required to recover damages.
- Undertake or oversee work required for repairs, alteration, extension or complete redevelopment.
Protecting Your Rights
- Protect yourself against baseless repair claims.
- Avoid costly repair expenses and court fees.
- Understand your rights and obligations when served with a Schedule of Dilapidations notice.
- Confirm the true costs of any requested repair.
Dilapidations services for Tenants include
- Reviewing lease terms and advising on potential repair liability.
- Advising on impact of any planned alterations to a leased premise.
- Reviewing any dilapidation notices served by a landlord.
- Negotiating with the opposite party and make all reasonable efforts to arrive at a mutually agreeable scope and/or cost of repair works.
- Act as an expert witness where litigation is required to settle disrupted claims.
Why Trust Prinsegate
for Dilapidations Services?
As well as preparing and issuing a Schedule of Dilapidations, Prinsegate Chartered Surveyors are also able to give professional advice on any building work for repairs, reconstruction, alteration, extension or even complete redevelopment. Finally, as with our other professional services we give the same excellent level of service for Dilapidations:
We provide dilapidations advice and support to landlords and tenants in nationwide across the UK.